Sunday, February 8, 2015

Hanging my head in shame

I do start out the year with a promise to blog more frequently. I even make a list of topics then I promptly misplace them. Or I read an article and think, wow, that would be interesting to share...I'll do it tomorrow. But as my mother used to tell me, tomorrow never comes, it's always today. Now you know why I blog infrequently.

So I thought today I would take time after working on my present work in progress to share my yesterday. I do a lot of craft shows to show case my books during this time of year. It is a busy time in SW Florida and a woman has to take advantage of her market. So I packed up copies of my seven published books and headed for the show.

I was so glad I did because I met wonderful people and talking to them made my day. I learn about their families, what they like to read, their disappointment at having to go back north after a short stay (not everybody who comes to Florida stays for the whole winter). So I got to chat with people from Connecticut, Colorado, Canada, Missouri and other points north. Even met someone who grew up in N. Virginia like I did.

When I get home I'm usually tired, ready to put my feet up (I do stand most of the time) and chill. Yes, I am tired but it's a good tired because I have spent the sharing conversation with readers.

Until I think of something else to write about I will bid you adieu.

No comments: