Sunday, January 11, 2015

Getting into the New Year

We look forward to the holidays and all the celebration. Then comes the day after New Years and it time to get back into our old routine...well, maybe with some modifications. Now all of the decorations are down and I think I will have a lot of free time. Wrong!

I enter all the days I have something to do in red on my calendar, or the blue areas on my phone :) Don't know why I'm surprised to see the majority of days filled with something to do. This past week it was Writer's Read at the library. It was a wonderful session with good feed back. Then there was an early morning trip to the airport. Getting up at 4:30 a.m. is not my idea of fun but as I once heard a little boy say..."I done it for love."

Had a wonderful luncheon with Sister Cities of Sarasota this week. It was a salute to Scotland complete with bag pipers and a wonderful slide show about early Scottish settlers in Sarasota.

Yesterday I went on a boat ride out in Charlotte Harbor and yes, it was very cold. Had a turtle neck, sweatshirt and a winter jacket. Also wore knee socks under my jeans but forgot to bring gloves. I mean who needs gloves in SW Florida??? Author, Robert Macomber headed the tour and taught us all about the Civil War occurrences in the area. I learned a lot. I will share some at a later date.

Today I have tried to get back to writing for a longer period that I had been doing this past week and was successful but now it is time to take a break and read for relaxation.

No comments: