Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Card Blues

Don't get me wrong. I do like to take the time to send cards to friends and family but each year I open the drawer where I have the cards and go OMG! This year I have compounded my problems because I have "inherited" card from Christmas past from my granddaughter. That is a whole other story so let's just deal with the card excess.

So I gather various partial boxes and the address book...I'm ready to rock and roll.

First I find four really nice cards depicting an old fashioned scene around a Christmas Tree. Problem? You bet. I plenty of rogue envelopes but none that fit these cards. Do I recycle or save and send them somewhere after Christmas to a place that takes them. Wait! You can't send cards from certain companies because they are trade mark. So if some "cares enough to send the very best" you are stuck.

Next comes the wandering mind problem. You are intent on what you'r'e doing but for some reason you mind has some weird message and you make a mistake on the card...misspell a name, town or transpose an address. There goes and envelope and you are going to be stuck with a leftover card.

Then you think you have all bases covered. Your cards are sent, you have none left over because you recycled what was left and you received a card from someone you haven't heard from in eons. So you go to the store and buy another box, use one or two and put the box away for next year. The cycle starts all over again.



No comments: